The BiG Taxi Bristol (referred as the Company) undertakes to hire vehicle/vehicles to the Client (the person booking and paying for the service) for the period of hire, under the following terms and conditions: Prospective clients may use this website to complete an online quotation request form, or make contact by telephone for a quick quote. We will respond to either request by email or telephone as appropriate, giving a quote based on the information provided. As required, we will negotiate and agree a price for the work the prospective client wants us to do for them. We will then agree a payment method (sending an email confirmation if requested).
Payment may be either:
1. Cash in full settlement to the driver on completion of the job.
2. A deposit to be paid at least 5 days prior to the booking date, (If requested) using our secure payment system, to confirm the booking, with the balance being paid in cash to the driver on completion of the job.
3. Pre-payments in full at least 5 days prior to the booking date, Weddings 28 days prior, (If requested) using our secure payment system.
The following terms also apply:
4. Credit card payments may be subject to a surcharge of up to but no more than 12.5%.
5. The charge on your credit card statement will be listed as East Bristol Taxi.
6. Any variations to the journey/journey’s originally discussed, booked and agreed to between the Company and the Client may be subject to additional charges, if these changes involve extra time and/or distance being covered.
7. No hidden taxes, fees or extra charges will be payable upon completion of the job, except where additional waiting time and/or car parking charges have been incurred and these were defined and agreed to in our quotation discussions, or as defined under paragraph (6) above.
8. When a prospective client wishes to proceed on the basis of the quotation given and the payment method agreed, they will make their reservation using our online booking form this secure payment system means we never take any credit card details belonging to any of our clients.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
9. In the event of a “No-show” by the client, or if a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 24 hours of the start of the period of hire, any and all monies paid will be totally non-refundable, in addition the full charge may be levied especially where the journey pick up point is from an airport or seaport or out of Bristol.
10. If a booking is cancelled by the Customer prior to 48 hours of the start of the period of hire, any deposits or payments in full will be 100% refundable, if within 48 hours but prior to 24 hours 50% will be refunded of the journey price. Weddings require a minimum of 28 days notice (via email with confirmation) to cancel to enable any refund to be considered.
11. Every effort will be made by the Company to ensure that vehicle(s) arrive on time and reach destinations on time too. The Company shall not be held responsible or liable for any delays (and/or arising consequential losses) that occur beyond its control.
12. The Driver will travel by the most appropriate route on the day, unless instructed otherwise by the Customer when term (7) may apply.
13. Although vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims under British Law, Customer’s properties are carried entirely at their own risk and the Company shall not be held responsible/liable for any loss/damage to such property.
14. The Company and its Driver have the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and whose behavior poses a threat either to the Driver, the vehicle or any other passenger.
15. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions can affect the Client’s’ statutory rights.